LPG Biogas Natural Gas Reformers
Secure Supplies hydrogen generation systems are designed for outdoor placement and to
withstand severe environmental conditions.
Most connections and peripherals are included in the main cabinets to assure easy and quick installation.
STANDARDS & DIRECTIVES:
System design and construction complies with
all relevant international standards and E.C.
directives (97/23 EC, 94/9 EC, 2004/108 EC, EN13445). CE marking is available upon
Secure Supplies hydrogen generators
are composed of four primary subsystems:
The Fuel pretreatment unit which removes
•The Fuel Processor which converts the
fuel into a hydrogenrich stream
•The Pressure Swing Adsorption unit which
purifies the hydrogen outlet to the desired
• Highly compact units- Transportable by truck
• Reformer size reduced 40-fold compared to conventional systems
• Easy on-site installation
• High efficiency- High degree of heat integration
• Enhanced safety- No flames
The fuel stream is mixed with water and fedto the reforming reactor that produces most
of the H2.
A large portion of the hydrogencomes from the water, i.e. water acts as afuel in this process! The heat required for theprocess is produced by catalytic combustionof a fraction of the fuel, eliminating openflames.
The CO contained in reformer outletis removed in the Water-Gas-Shift (WGS)reactors where CO reacts with water toproduce additional hydrogen and CO2.
A Pressure Swing Absorption unit purifies Hydrogen to the desired level.
• Heat exchanger type reactor reduces
dead volume and heat transfer
• Heat is produced very close to where
the demand is located
• Very efficient heat transfer through the
metallic wall (low resistance)
• Required amount of reforming catalyst,
is significant lower than in a typical
fixed bed reactor
• Very compact reactor more than 40
times smaller than conventional
• Steam reforming
• Flameless catalytic combustion of
PSA off gas with reformer
• No steam export
• Adjustable Hydrogen purity
• Remote & integrated control
• Easy installation
• Compact design
• Designed for 20 years life and 3 years
• Industrial processes requiring
• Automobile Refueling Stations
• Power production via Fuel Cells